Saturday, February 19, 2011

Spring is Coming!


















You know that feeling, the changing of seasons? That smell that spring is on its way that instinctual feeling of excitement from the damp smell of the warm spring wind? Well, I smelled it today, and it was wonderful.

The groundhog did not see his shadow, and so far, the prediction of an early spring seems to be playing out. My friend cynthia and I walked all around in the 55 degree weather, bought ice-cream, and just sat in the sun, absorbing the rays like any mammal loves to do.

Also, I wanted to thank my friend Hilary for making for me a hundred little rainbow origami balloons to put on a light strand. We put them around the "fireplace" (of course we aren't actually allowed fires because they are worried we'll burn down the ancient buildings). They are so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment