Sunday, May 1, 2011

Adventures in Spring Formal Land









































































































So there I was, in my high heels and curled hair carrying a giant hammer across the courtyard. So there I was, kneeling in the hallway in my shiny golden-brown dress, hammering as hard as I could. So there I was, tying rubber band after rubber band onto my dress. So, I'm a little disaster, that's OK :) This formal was all about fixing things.

So, here's the story...

Miriam bought a dress, but they forgot to take off the security tag, and we realized this half an hour before we had to go, so we frantically searched the internet on how to remove security tags (not at all suspicious...) and the websites all agreed that just smashing it hard enough would probably work. Miriam had to get ready, so I went asking around for a hammer, and got down to business. In my full formal attire, I began smashing at the plastic tag for all it was worth. Man those things are tough! I got a lot of weird looks, but in the end it worked! Well, kind of... It left a lot of holes in the dress, so I wouldn't suggest it as the best way to remove tags (sorry all you thieves out there...)

Anyway, so we get to the dance, and my straps won't stay on my shoulders, so luckily I had tons of rubber bands on my wrists from my paper route (they tie the newspapers together with rubber bands). So, we tied the straps together in the back with rubber bands. BUT, as soon as I started to dance again, the strap snapped off! Luckily, it was rubber bands to the rescue! A few more, and I was set. The rest of the night was great :)

Also! Meet my new blockmates for next year. In the Kirkland outside picture from left to right we have Sar (Sarvagna), Sarah, Madeline, me, and Andrew. Then Serena is the one to the far left of the aquarium picture, and Juhi is in the pink dress in the dancing picture. I heart them! And I heart my roommates. My blocking family just got a lot bigger.


No comments:

Post a Comment