Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Goodbyes

Day 3

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."

-Rosalia de Castro

"I love you Mom," I told her as her eyes filled up with tears. I have never been able to keep my composure when my mom cries, and soon my eyes were wet too.

Today was a day of packing and final goodbyes. My best friend Hilary also left today to go work in in California for a while, and we took a last picture together on the swing-set in the yard. Every time she came over for years, when we didn't know what to do we would swing, so that is our special place. Looking at it today I realize how old it is getting with moss on the hand over hand and the colors faded. I couldn't help but be a little sad remembering all this, but I'm excited for every minute because life is all about following the unknown.



No comments:

Post a Comment