Saturday, August 28, 2010

We are here!

Day 6

A brother shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams.
~Author Unknown

Well, I'm here. I'm sitting all alone in my dorm room! I really like it. It is bigger than freshman year, and it has two beautiful window-seats! All my life, I have wanted window seats, so it is pretty exciting. I know that two of my roommates, Jenny and Rose are already here because they had already signed the sign-in sheet, but I haven't seen them yet. I'm very excited to be back, but I hope my roomies come back soon. It is a bit lonely all by myself :(

We drove all the way from New Jersey, and it only took 5 hours, and it would have taken 4.5 had it not been for a little adventure. They have lots of tolls here and Matthew was talking to me about what would happen if you didn't pay, but meanwhile he got so distracted he got in the wrong lane! This lane was only for people with a special pass, and we didn't have one, so we had no choice but to go through the booth without paying. Ironic, no? We were worried about the camera that takes a picture of your license plate and bills you, wondered how much the fine would be, and what Mom would say when she got it... Luckily, we explained what happened at the next gate and the guy was nice enough to let us off the hook. Phewf.

Matthew seemed a bit overwhelmed by this ideas of living in a completely new place, but we worked together to rearrange furniture to maximize space, and later we went grocery shopping and to a get-to-know you event on his floor.
Wow, there are not very many girls at MIT engineering grad school! It is probably 75% male! Everyone was happy to talk to me, and seemed a bit disappointed that I didn't got there. They need more girls in engineering :)

I am so happy to have my brother here! I heart you matthew!

Here's the picture! There's no extra bed, so I told Matthew I'd just live on his bookshelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment