Thursday, August 26, 2010

Omi and Opa

Day 4

Grandmas never run out of hugs or cookies carrots
~Author Unknown

The storage container was packed, last goodbyes said, and six hours on the airplane later, I am in New Jersey with my grandparents who we call Omi and Opa (Grandma and Grandpa in German). It is really nice to see them!

My grandmother Omi is amazing. Tomorrow am going to go walking with her and to the gym with her (yes, this IS my grandmother. She is so fit! Just being in the house makes me went to exercise and eat vegetables. The entire downstairs is one giant exercise room, and I have already had my diet thoroughly analyzed. When I am 80, I would love to be as fit as she is!
My grandfather Opa is amazing too! He helped to invent the LED and worked at Bell Labs designing integrated circuits and other innovative pieces of technology. To hear him and my brother Matthew talk electronics is something else. My brother, Opa, and my Dad are so much alike it is scary sometimes!

The picture of the day was taken just before we left, a final family portrait before we took off. We won't get another chance to take one until at least Christmas, and my brother and I might not even come home until January :(
I love you family!



No comments:

Post a Comment