Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Goodbye!














I'm off to New York tomorrow and from there off to Kenya! It's going to be a great adventure. Today I packed and said goodbye to my family, and to the dog :(

I love my family, but I'm super excited for Kenya, so I've decided to teach you all a Swahili word. The word of the day is Hujambo (Pronounced who- jahm-bow). It is a greeting literally meaning "no problems" to which the correct answer is "sijambo" meaning "no problems.

Hujambo?
Sijambo!

Isn't Swahili great?

I'll try to keep this blog updated with exciting pictures from the orphanage, but with less internet, posts will probably be less frequent.

Bye for now, and a happy new year! I'll be flying as the year changes over, so I thought I better wish you all a happy new year now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment