Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hello from New York!

I'm staying in New York with my friend Alex for a day before we head off to Kenya in just a few hours!!!

I haven't ever spent much time in New York, and it is quite an incredible city. I got a tour of the city going from the airport, and we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art today. Simply spectacular. We saw impressionist art, as well as life-sized Egyptian buildings. We had lunch at the museum cafe, and Alex's family is really nice! We even visited his grandpa in his apartment looking out over central park. (Picture #1)

However, I've got to say, the snow was probably my favorite! They had just had a blizzard, and there was over a foot left. I have never seen so much snow except for in the mountains. Just walking around was difficult, and sledding was amazing!! (Picture #2)

See you guys in London on our layover to Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment