Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sokoni (at the market)

Here's a picture from our trip to the market today, outside the entrance before it got too crazy and I had to start worrying about getting my camera stolen. We pulled up in bus, and I was really concerned about 20 white people getting off together. Sure enough, we were surrounded by children trying to sell us plastic bags for the market, but once we split up it was alright.

People are continually surprised and pleased by our ability to speak Swahili, and surprisingly respectful when we explained that we didn't need something. We bought everything we needed for a reasonable price. The market was quite a sight with dozens of women sitting with huge bags of produce, all trying to sell the same thing. Next time I go, I'll try to snap some more pictures of the madness, as it is quite a sight.

Bye!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment