Friday, September 17, 2010

Adventures in Postering

Day 26
Sept. 17, 2010

I got a job today! I am going to be a posterer for Harvard, meaning I get paid to put up posters in all the dorms about upcoming events. I emailed the manager, and she said I could start today, and I would get paid $30 to poster 8 houses, and it was supposed to take 2 or 2.5 hours. Sounded like a good way to get exercise and get some extra money. But... being me, it didn't exactly work as planned. In the process of postering I lost my ID card, and since the job had to be done by 5:00, I had to get a new ID card ASAP. By the end of 4 hours of postering, I was exhausted and thirsty, so I bought a soda.

$30 pay
- $25 for a new ID
- $2 for soda
-------------------
$3 net profit for day or $0.75 an hour. LOL!

Oh well, I'll get better at my job :)

Other highlights:
My boyfriend Nick made my night when he sat down to dinner with me at the dining hall, asked me how I was, and promptly spilled his entire glass of lemonade and grape juice all over my white skirt. I actually thought it was quite amusing, and everyone had a good laugh.

Then tonight I went on a boat cruise for international students. Yes, I know, I'm American, but my roommate Miriam is international, and I had a great time making up a terrible fake accent and having people guess where I was from. People guessed Russian and even Turkish, and I met some awesome people.

No comments:

Post a Comment