Friday, September 10, 2010

Meet the Africa Room!

Day 12
Sept. 3

SEPT. 3- Yay! No class today because I don't have class on Fridays! We were supposed to have a carnival, but it was postponed due to Hurricane Earl, so we had a girls night instead, with fingernails and unpacking. Unpacking has taken FOREVER! Days ago I was talking about carrying boxes, and I still am. What all did we pack in these things???

By the way, Hurricane Earl is such a disappointment. It rained a little, but it it is no even wind out here. These East Coast people don't know about rain! This "hurricane" is like every day in Seattle!

Picture of the Day: The Africa room. So, if you don't know, my roommate Miriam grew up in Ghana, and since I am an African Studies concentrator, we made a Africa room with all things Africa. I hung up fabric from Kenya, and Miriam has tons of figurines, soccer jerseys from the world cup, pictures etc. We even have a zebra beanbag.We are pretty excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment